General Mould Prevention Tips
- Fix leaky plumbing as soon as possible.
- Watch for condensation and wet spots. Fix the source(s) as soon as possible.
- Increase the surface temperature by adding insulation and increasing the air circulation.
- Reduce moisture in the air by repairing leaks, increasing ventilation if the outdoor air is cold and dry or dehumidify if the outdoor air is warm and humid.
- Clean and dry wet or damp spots within 24 to 48 hours.
- Don't let building materials stay wet.
- Provide drainage and slope the ground away from foundations and walls.
I have some mould growing, is it really a BIG problem?
- YES. If contamination is left to grow and thrive, high exposure to airborne mould may occur.
- Occupants may become sensitised and develop allergies or further health problems.
- Serious damage to structural elements in the home or building may develop if left untreated
Click Here for Mould Cleaning Tips